ELOISE PROJECT: ENHANCE LABOUR OPPORTUNITIES TO IMPROVE SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT
Funded by the European Commission Programme "Investing in People", ELOISE aimed at designing, implementing and developing suitable tools as to adjust and re-design inclusive active labour market policies targeting specific and vulnerable groups in the partner countries (Ivory Coast, Morocco, Peru).
The project idea arose from the experiences made in Piedmont in the field of the LMIS and social inclusion policy and its willing to share its knowledge and practices with other contexts in a particular critical period due to the global economic crisis, which threaten the most vulnerable groups to be excluded from the labour market.
The approach used was based on knowledge, study and exchange of practices gained in the partner countries and the EU countries and on sharing of models in order to transfer the best experiences in the socio-economic systems involved in the action. Given to the different contexts, the partners, who worked actively in labour policies and LMIS, were strongly interested in sharing their experiences being aware that a sound and transparent LMIS can be a valuable tool to match short-term objectives (matching of demand and supply of labour) with medium and long-term ones (design and appliance of adequate social inclusion policies and instruments).
The specific objective of the action was to encourage the interregional investigation on the existing LMIS as to facilitate the transfer of existing methodologies, tools and best practices from more experienced regions to less advanced ones. ELOISE helped create a transnational network which involved, in addition to the institutional partners of the project, all public and private stakeholders from the target countries concerned on LMIS and policies of inclusion.
January 2010 - July 2012
- Mapping out and analysis of socio-economic and LIMS in the partner countries
- Census of good practices, analysis of success stories and their transferability to other contexts
- Networking and exchange of experiences and best practices among beneficiary countries
- Development of IT systems to match the labour demand and offer for the use of Morocco, Ivorian and Perucian partners
- Training and capacity building to strengthen target institutions from the beneficiary countries in the field of LIMS and social inclusion policies
- Information and dissemination of the results
- Perú: análisis de los sistemas informativos en el mercado de trabajo, UCSS, Lima
- Arequipa: análisis de los sistemas informativos en el mercado de trabajo, UCSP, Arequipa
- Rapport sur le système d’information sur le marché du travail en Côte d’Ivoire, Marie du Plateau
- Rapport sur le système d’information sur le marché du travail au Maroc, Anapec
- Socio-economic context in Ivory Coast, Morocco and Peru: comparative report, Ceipiemonte
- Labour Market Information Systems in Ivory Coast, Morocco and Peru: comparative report, Ceipiemonte
- LMIS: good practices collected and transferred within the ELOISE Project, Ceipiemonte
- ELOISE partners’ executive projects evaluation, Ceipiemonte
- CEIPIEMONTE Scpa - Piemonte Agency for Investments, Export and Tourism (Italia)
- ANAPEC Agence Nationale de Promotion de l’Emploi et des Compétences (Marocco)
- COLLECTIVITE TERRITORIALE DECENTRALISEE MAIRIE DU PLATEAU (Costa d’Avorio)
- DOLMEN Domanda e Offerta di Lavoro Matching e Negoziazione Srl (Italia)
- OBSERVATORIO PARA EL DESARROLLO TERRITORIAL (Perù)
- UCSS UNIVERSIDAD CATÓLICA SEDES SAPIENTIAE (Perù)
- UCSP UNIVERSIDAD CATÓLICA SAN PABLO (Perù)