Automotive and Transportation in Piemonte
T: +39 011 6700685
F: +39 011 6965456
Piemonte and its capital city Torino, birthplace of Fiat, now Stellantis, is a leading cluster in the global automotive & transportation sector due to the presence of national and international Key players, a complete and competitive supply chain, R&D centres, and a network of institutions, R&D centres, labs, business incubators and top universities, including a world renown engineering academy. Altogether they develop and refine innovative systems and production processes to improve transport efficiency.
VTM TORINO: International Business Convention for Automotive & Vehicle Innovation
VTM Torino is a new mobility technology event that brings together the vehicle and transportation community: from vehicle makers and tier suppliers to mobility decision makers, disruptive technology entrepreneurs and solution providers. The second edition took place in Torino on March 30-31, 2022.
Piemonte is the forerunner in Italy in terms of automotive components and accounts for around 45% of the national automotive sector's revenue (Source: "Automotive Industry 2020" by ITA - Italian Trade Agency).
- 737 automotive components companies
- 33.5% of the Italian automotive components industry is in Piemonte
- 35.8% of the Italian automotive components turnover is in Piemonte
- More than 56,600 employees
Source: 2021 Observatory on the Italian Automotive Components Sector, by ANFIA, Torino Chamber of Commerce and the Center for Automotive and Mobility Innovation of the Department of Management of the Ca’ Foscari University of Venice (on 2020 data survey).
Piemonte’s automotive & transportation production comprises the entire supply chain from the upstream phases to the final products, offering business and know-how from the concept of the vehicle till its delivery: project planning, prototyping, styling, robotics and automation, components and mass production, industrialisation of the product and driving test.
The new challenges of the sector
Companies are indeed developing more and more distinctive technologies and solutions in the fields of electrification, connectivity, autonomous driving, sustainable and sharing mobility, Big Data and software-designed vehicles, projecting the whole territory towards new challenges and new consumer markets.
It is possible to find in Piemonte the necessary know-how for electric vehicle development, integration, production and all the solutions and services needed for full electrical mobility, including energy storage and distribution.
In addition Piemonte companies are working on innovative smart mobility concepts integrating vehicles and infrastructure through the application of advanced digital technology.
When dealing with mobility experimentation, Torino offers exceptional possibilities. Torino is in fact one of the first cities in Italy allowing the testing of connected and autonomous vehicles on its public roads and not only in areas closed to traffic. The city offers, at simplified conditions, 35 kms of dedicated roads and telematics infrastructures for the testing of innovative solutions for urban living in real contexts.
- VTM 2022: the must attend business convention for automotive & transportation innovation
- @VTM 2020, where the future trends of automotive & transportation are revealed
- @VTM 2020 is the digital event for the automotive and mobility community
- The mobility of the future is produced in Piemonte
- Piemonte is leader in the protection of vehicles against cyber threats
- Piemonte Capital of Advanced Manufacturing
- In Piemonte-Italy the car of the future is worth 500 million €
- VTM, the future of mobility leaves from Torino
- The future of the automotive industry was born in Piemonte
- Piemonte-Italy: where innovation in automotive materials is a tradition
- Piemonte to host the first City Lab for autonomous and connected driving in an urban environment in Italy
- Piemonte, the home of future mobility